Sunday, January 30, 2011

Time for a New Graphics Card

In January of 2011 I decided that it was time to upgrade my Nvidia 8600GT Graphics card. I eventually decided on the Nvidia Quatro FX37000.
The FX3700 is a card designed for business workstations and sports memory bandwidth of over 50 GB/s. The card has 512 mb of DDR3 Graphics memory
which is a significant upgrade from my current 256mb. I have taken the following pictures of my card swap.


windows expirience index



My origional Windows Expirience rating was 5.2, limited by the capabilities of my graphics card.

boxed card


A picture of the box the card came in.

discs


The discs and VGA/DVI adaptors on the top layer of the packaging.

card


A picture of the card encased in the foam packaging.

card


A picture of the graphics card still in the anti-static wrap.

in the computer


Finally a picture of the graphics card seated safely in my computer.

The card gave me a noticeable boost in 3D gaming performance. My Windows Expirience rating was also increased substantially - to 5.9.
Not that the limiting factor is not my hard drive transfer speed, my graphics card has actually bee bumped to a 6.8.



WEI new

No comments:

Post a Comment